Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Older!

May 6th I turned another year older!!!  These years just seem to be flying by.... May 6th was an absolutely beautiful day - sunny and warm.  What a great gift!  The day started out with Jacob sharing, along with other Hillcrest students that went to Mexico, in chapel at Morning Son. He shared what he thought God had taught him on the mission trip a few weeks ago.  He said he learned to be more thankful for the things that we do have.


(Jake was a little shy for the camera.)
Matt Abel is pictured below with Jake.  Matt was one of the great guys Jake was able to get to know while in Mexico.  Matt loves the Lord and is an awesome example for Jake!


After chapel I was treated to a wonderful lunch with a number of my friends at my friend Carla's house.  The food was delicious and I so enjoyed the visiting!  Thank you so much Carla for your thoughtfulness!

Then for the finally for the day!  This is me before I blew out my candles on the cake the boys and Jeff made for me!  How about those flames!  Is there really a cake under there!  After I blew out the candles, you should have seen the smoke!  We really did think the fire alarms were gonna go off!  I think this should be the last year for candles.   :)

This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.   Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun celebration, both with friends and with family! I love the candles on the cake :)

By the way, I got to hang out in Fullerton a week ago, and was thinking of you! I'll be there lots this summer when I move to Torrance for a few months!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Missy! Enjoy every candle that you achieve-remember that you've earned them all!
(I came across your blog thru via my niece. It's been fun to read about the things going on at Hillcrest and also see familiar faces from "back home." Our son Jared thinks the world of your husband and has really enjoyed his first year on staff at HLA. Maybe we will see you in June...)