Friday, May 9, 2008

Flying over Fergus!

Pictured above is Hillcrest and the one below is my parent's house.  Fun!


Young Eagles took 8th graders from Hillcrest (those who could stomach it) flying over Fergus Falls this past Thursday.  The kids were able to take about a 25 minute flight in a little Cessna around the Fergus area.  They were able to get pictures of their homes from the air and pictures of Hillcrest and whatever else they wanted.  What a great experience!  I was fortunate enough to be offered a ride as well.  Even though I am NOT an airplane person - big or small - I was brave and took to the air.  I am so glad I did!!  The pilot took me right over my mom and dad's house on Jewett Lake.  I called my mom from the air and she was able to come out onto their deck and wave at us as we circled around and around their place.  What fun!  

1 comment:

Kari, RN said...

What a fun adventure -way to be brave!