Monday, April 14, 2008

HIT weekend!


This past weekend was the Hillcrest Invitational Tournament in Fergus.  This is always such a great event.  Hillcrest puts together a huge basketball tournament where games are being played all over the town (on any open court).  There are 4 different divisions of play depending on the abilities on the team (division 1, division 2, division 3 and Classic).  This year there were 64 teams involved!  Wow!  That's a lot of basketball.  Taylor was on a father/son team in division 3. His team actually played for the championship for his division.  As you can tell by the look on his face in the picture, they did not win the game and came in second.  I thought the whole weekend was a blast.   I wish I had pictures from the dunking contest during half time of the Division 1 championship game.  Really fun!  I am already looking forward to next year. Maybe I'll put together a team of girls from years gone by......  :) .   I wonder if my body could handle it!!!  I don't really think so.  Jeff played last year and got an elbow to the eye on the very first rebound he was in on.  Next play down the court he got an elbow to the ribs....  I may rethink putting a team together.

No comments: