Tuesday, April 1, 2008

50th Anniversary!

Some of my parents good friends were able to join us for dinner Saturday night.


My mom's two sisters, Jeanette and Rozanne were able to join us.  It's always fun chatting with them.



This past weekend we officially celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  My brothers and sister and our families went out to Thumper Pond Resort.  It was such a great time.  The kids LOVED all the swimming and the water slides.  I also think everyone enjoyed the dinner Saturday night and the informal program.  The grandkids acrostic of  GRACE  (heart) KERM was a highlight.  Each of the grandkids took one of the letters in their grandparent's name and thought of many words starting with that letter which reminded them of that particular grandparent.  I thought the E for expressions for both Mom and Dad were especially funny. 

It was so nice to have an opportunity to honor Mom and Dad and their commitment and tell them the many things we love about them. Adventure, solid relationships, encouragement, kindness, support in ministry and laughter are some of the key words that I remember from the evening.  I thought the evening ended very appropriately with my dad playing the guitar and singing "Do Lord".  It brought back many fond memories.

Congratulations Mom and Dad!  I love you!!!


No comments: